In order to gain admission pro hac vice in Alabama, foreign counsel must:
- Retain local counsel, who is an attorney, licensed to practice law in the State of Alabama.
- Obtain a PHV hearing date to occur no sooner than 21 days from filing, from the court (or administrative body) prior to filing the motion for admission. Frequently, the local courts will enter an order setting all pending motions for a date more than 21 days out.
- File the motion for admission, which is also the verified application, at least 21 days prior to the designated hearing date.
- Attach a Certificate of Good Standing issued from the licensing agency of the foreign attorney’s state to the motion for admission.
- Disclose, on the motion for admission, all cases for which applicant or member of applicant’s firm have been admitted PHV in Alabama state courts over the past 3 years.
- Pay a $325 filing fee.
Contact Turner & Company if you require local counsel services in Calhoun County or Cleburne County, which compose the 7th Judicial Circuit.