schedule a consultation

(256) 237-9404
Charles Turner provides assistance with probate matters to his clients. While the word “probate” refers to authenticating a last will and testament in court, in modern parlance, “probate” refers to matters that are resolved in the probate court.

In Alabama, an out-state-resident may not serve as personal representative of intestacy. Charles Turner has extensive experience serving as personal representative on behalf of out-of-state clients. In most cases, travel to Alabama is not required.

In addition to wills and intestacies (estates without a will), in Alabama the Probate Court has jurisdiction over the following types of cases:

  • Guardianships
  • Partition of Lands
  • Involuntary Commitments
  • Conservatorships
  • Name Changes
  • Eminent Domain

Schedule an appointment